May 11, 2010

Bittersweet!

Oh how I love being a Mom! I remember dreaming about being a mom as a little girl...even before I dreamed about the man I would marry. I loved dolls and pretending to care for them as any real mother would. I knew all I wanted to be when I grew up was a Mom. I never had big sophisticated career goals, or a desire to climb any prestigious corporate ladder...I knew my deepest and truest desires were to be at home caring for my babies.

So now I've got my dream job, but it's not without it challenges. Some days I think I'm going crazy and the breaks are few and far between, but I love it! This Mother's Day was a hard day even though Brock and the kids went out of their to make the day special for me. I couldn't help but think of Sadie and how I ache to hold her and care for her. I know what a blessing it is to be a mother and I'm so grateful to have Paige and Colten here with me, but I terribly miss Sadie and Chase. This Mother's Day was bittersweet to say the least.

I love to see these two smiling faces everyday!




2 comments:

The Tanner Family said...

I wish there was some way to ease your pain...if I could I would do it in a heartbeat. My heart aches for you. And I just want you to know how very special you are and how much I admire your strength. I love you Brigit!

Marisa Jean said...

I can't imagine how hard it would be to have your little Sadie and Chase not here with you on Mother's day. My heart would be aching all over. So glad Paige and Colten could be there with you. Love them and love you, you hot little mama!