July 8, 2010

The 3rd of July!

We got to spend our holiday weekend with the Stewarts in Alamo, Nv. We absolutely love any time we spend with this wonderful family!

Paige and Colten love being at the Stewarts' home. There are so many fun things to do there...and most of them are outside!

Friday Night....

Colten and Jerett lighting some early fireworks.


I can't believe I was letting my 5 year old play with fire.


Roasting marshmallows after dinner for S'mores!


Paigey going to town on her S'more.


Ummmm....Meet Sean!

Saturday.....
When a big holiday like the 4th of July falls on a Sunday in small Mormon town...you celebrate a day early on Saturday!

Paige and I waiting for the Parade to start.


The Parade!!!


Colten and Jerett in the parade!


Dustin campaigning for his grandpa in the parade!


All American Sweetheart!


Paige and Daddy!


After the parade we spent most of the morning at the park enjoying all the fun activities!

Colten and Brock bought already filled water balloons to throw at each other!

Paigey blowing bubbles!

Sean and Kate! In case your wondering...the TC stands for Totally Confused! (He can't help it...he's from Alamo!) Sean and I have a little Wells/Alamo rivalry! Wells is obviously the better small town!


The Alamo fire department put on a Cash Spray! They threw money on the ground and sprayed the kids with the fire hose as they tried to pick it up.


Paigey really didn't care about the money... she just had fun getting wet!




Then came the fireworks! Not bad for a small town!


My little firecrackers!

Cute Kids!


Sparklers! (and this time Paigey's hair didn't catch on fire)

Me and Cute Kate! I adore this girl!
Thank you Stewart family for a wonderful weekend! You guys ROCK!

5 comments:

Marisa Jean said...

I absolutely LOVE small town parades. How fun! And I also absolutely love that fireman spraying idea. I would have been so excited to do that as a kid.

Your 4th (well, 3rd) looks so fun!

SVB said...

How fun...I love small town parades, they are the best!!! We can't wait to see you guys in a week...the kids are so cute and Paigey is going to have such a fun bday!!!

Andrea said...

Hey, just checked out your blog from Kate's. I didn't even see you guys here last weekend, although, I didn't really see anyone, the day was too busy! Just have to say, your word album from the digiscrap workshop turned out so fabulous! I'm still scared of it, it was way too confusing to me!

Cori and Dusty said...

Those two are so cute! It was good to see you when we were in Vegas - I wish I could have had time to chat!

Mark and Maria said...

How fun to get out of this city and relax in a small town for the holidays! That parade looked really cute! Your pictures are awesome!