September 24, 2010

Shoot-along challenge...

Now that school is back in session life seems to be taking on some kind of order compared to the fun crazy days of summer...which has allowed me to take on a new challenge. I stumbled upon a blog a couple weeks ago that had a little tutorial on how to take better pictures. I'm always trying to find ways to improve my photography skills and was so excited to do just that. I was even more excited when I found out this fun little tutorial was actually linked from a blog called The Givers Log. On that blog is where I found the Shoot-Along Challenge. Every Wednesday a profession photographer shares new tips and information on taking better pictures and presents it in a way that even I can understand. Yeah!!!

Last week's tutorial was How to boss your camera around (or how to shoot in manual). What??? I can't shoot in manual...I'm a 100% automatic! Anyway the assignment was to practice taking pictures manipulating the ISO...Aperture...and Shutter speed. I also tried to incorporate the 2 first assignments that I missed in my pictures which were shooting everyday moments (no posing) and shooting at different angles.

Here is what I caught this week...

Strait on...

A different angle in manual...

Shooting outdoor with different manual settings...
Non-posed







































I totally have a lot to learn, but it's good to have a challenge and a purpose when taking pictures of my dang cute kids! Anyone interest in joining the Shoot-along with me??

1 comment:

SVB said...

Pretty soon I am going to be coming to you to take our family pictures!!! I wish I had a camera as nice as yours, I love the pics of Paigey in her tap shoes with her curly hair...so cute!