October 31, 2010

The Bridge...

For the last year Brock has been the Project Manager for the last phase of building the Hover Dam Bypass bridge. It will be a historic job just as the building of the Hover Dam was 75 years ago. The bridge is now completed and as a family we were able to attend the dedication.

This is the view of the Colorado River from the the Bridge.

Walking on the bridge... 
 The view of Hover Dam from the bridge.
Paige getting a ride from her Daddy.

Our family.
Paige getting a tattoo of the bridge. (Check out my new purple purse...I love it!)
 They had a copy of the news paper when the Hover Dam was dedicated.
 The United States Air Force presenting the flags.
 The Nevada side of the bridge. To the left of the picture is the part of the road Brock was in charge of completing. 
 Here is a picture of the bridge in it's completion. This isn't the best picture...I copied it from a website. It's amazing and you definitely have to see it for yourself.
The bridge is officially called the Mike O'Callaghan and Pat Tillman Memorial Bridge. It is the longest concrete arch span in North America. The arch span is 1,060 feet long and deck is 1,900 feet long. The bridge deck is 900 feet above the Colorado River and 1,500 feet south of the Hover Dam.

We are so proud of Brock and all his hard work. It will be so fun for our kids to tell their kids and grandchildren that their grandfather helped build this historic bridge. We love you!

2 comments:

K8 said...

WOW! I'm so glad you got to go- truly a piece of history. Nice Work Brock- Your bridge looks awesome! I'm scared to freakin' death of crossing it, but everytime I do, I'll think of you... hope it stands the test of time!
P.S. LOVE the purple purse- I have envy!!! LOL

SVB said...

What a neat experience, I love Hoover Dam, I have some awesome childhood memories of that place! I can't wait to see the bridge for myself, great pics! Cute purse too hooker!