June 17, 2008

Hawaii Baby!!!

My sweet husband and I got to spend last week in Hawaii with my cousin Jen (the one that has triplets) and her husband and some friends on the great island of Maui. We all rented a house together and lived blissfully without children for 7 full days. Thank goodness for Grandma & Grandpa Hoem. They were our substitutes while we were gone and seemed to have a good time with no major incidents.

Our vacation Rocked and as you can see Brock and I had a good time together. We took in as much time on the beach as we possibly could.


Brock & Chris learning to do the Hula at the Luau we attended. They both got some serious moves. (I didn't know Hawaiians did the chicken dance in their Hula!)


This is Brock on the zipline. It was our first time ever doing a Zipline and it totally Rocked.


We spent a lot of our time eating while we were in Hawaii and this is me just after finishing off another superior meal. You all know how I love to eat. Did I mention I gained 5 lbs on vacation. "Ata Girl"


The girls enjoying the sun and catching some rays. (I totally had to crop this picture to hide the junk in the trunks...mostly my junk) Mandi, Celeste, Jen, & Me.


The whole gang minus one couple. They were scheduled to fly home a few days before us and missed the Luau. Mattie & Mandie, Chris & Jen, & Me & Brock.


We had a fabulous time in Hawaii, but believe it or not we couldn't wait to get home and see the kids. I don't know who was more relieved to see us...the kids or Grandma & Grandpa. We are so grateful for Grandma & Grandpa Hoem and their willingness to come stay with our kids and being the best substitutes ever.

6 comments:

Brian, Mindy, Dylan, Colton & Logan said...

How beautiful! Looks like you guys had fun. A week in Hawaii with no kids..... really I'm only just a little jealous :)

Marisa Jean said...

I'm so jealous! You'll have to give us suggestions on what to do when we go to Hawaii next spring. By the way, I think you get prettier every day. You really look great!

Becky said...

Brig!.... just seeing your pictures makes me want to jump on a plane! Oh, it looked like so much fun! Dang! I love Hawaii! I am so so happy that you got to go and spend some time with your cute husband. Good memories... And I LOVE the picture of you with the flower.. You should put that picture on your perfect list... if you are allowed to include pitures. You are gorgeous, girl. Brock is one lucky guy. I can't wait to see more pictures, and hear about the stories!!! Love you!
B.

Mark and Maria said...

Sounds like so much fun...I am jealous too! Someday Mark and I are going to make it to Hawaii together! Glad you are back and everything went well with the kids. It was fun to see you twice yesterday!

Janae Downey said...

Hi Brigit! Your pictures from Hawaii are beautiful! I'm so glad you got to go and that you had a fun trip. I have never been, but would love to go some day. Hopefully we'll see you sometime this week! JaNae

Jennifer said...

Your blog is sooooo dang CUTE!!! I love it!