October 23, 2008

To Grandmother's House We Go

The kids and I went to northern Nevada last week to visit my mom. It's a long drive, but it's something I really enjoy doing especially now while the kids are not in school full time. I grew up in Wells, Nevada and my Mom lives in Elko which is about 50 miles west of Wells. I still have one sister that lives in Wells with her family, so we got to spend time with them and watch my niece and nephew take part in their Homecoming activities.



These pictures were all taken outside Grandma & Grandpa Hoem's house. We were getting ready to go out to dinner and the kids were being so candid and cute.

This is my OLDER sister Rachael, me & my Mom.

My niece Alyssa is a Senior at Wells High School and she was part of the Homecoming Royalty. The big fire on the right was their Bonfire. Colten thought it was the coolest thing.

I was pleasantly surprised by the warmer temperatures in Wells while we were there because we watched two night football games. The first night the high school had Powder Puff football for the girls. Alyssa was the Captain for the Senior/Freshman team. Those girls were pretty tough and they were playing without Pads and Helmets. The next night we got to watch the boys play and my nephew James scored 6 touchdowns...Yes, I said 6 touchdowns. The score was 67 -0 against McDermit. You Rock Jay!

What a great trip! Mom, Duane, & Rae...thanks so much for taking care of us.

4 comments:

Brian, Mindy, Dylan, Colton & Logan said...

Oh....that makes me miss the good ol' days in Wells. Some things never change huh!

Janae Downey said...

Hi Brigit! Homecomings are so much fun in small towns. I'm glad you had fun on your trip. I also read a couple of your older posts and I think the train cake you made is the cutest cake I've ever seen! You are such an over-achiever! I usually just make a trip to Sam's club and let the kids pick out their favorite character. Too cool! JaNae

Mark and Maria said...

Now that looks like so much fun!!! Why can't we live in a small town? I bet it's so fun your your kids (and you) to visit! Wow, your nephew is quite the football star!! I bet that was cool for Colton to watch him make all those touchdowns!

Marisa Jean said...

That fire looks awesome--and so does the powder puff football! I don't have the ability to play football, but I admire those who do. Especially girls without any padding, or the boys who have pads and score 6 touchdowns! Wowzers.

Your kids look super cute! I love the photo with Colton and the fire-truck. How fun!