October 7, 2008

Colten's 4th Birthday

Colten turns 4 years old today! We can't believe what a big boy he is.


We got to celebrate his birthday last weekend with a family BBQ. Colten's cousins from Arizona even came to be with him. Colten still has a great love of trains and wanted a train birthday. So Trains Trains Trains it was.

I took on the task of making him a train cake. My mom had given me a cookbook for kid cakes and it gave me a lot of direction on how to do it and this is what the finished masterpiece looked like. Colten thought it was pretty cool, so it was totally worth it.

Happy Birthday Colten! We love you so much.

6 comments:

SVB said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY COLTEN!!!! We miss you so much! Wow Brig...that cake is totally awesome and it looks like his little party was a blast. You did a great job with all the scrapbook page looking things too, very creative. Wish we could be there for your big day...you are so grown up now!

coweeclan said...

Good job on your train cake! Can you believe you have a baby that's FOUR already? Crazy how fast time flies.

Marisa Jean said...

And the over-achiever stamp goes to Brigit. Congratulations. That is a very hard stamp to earn. Seriously though, that is thee cutest cake I have ever seen! Holy smokes!!! I could never do that, but I want one! Happy Birthday Colten! We can't believe you are 4!

Brian, Mindy, Dylan, Colton & Logan said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY COLTEN!! Can't believe your baby is that old. He looks like he had a great time. Awesome cake by the way!

Mark and Maria said...

What??? How did you get your blog so awesome. Man, I'm so behind the times in the blogging world! It looks great!
And Happy Birthday Colten!!! You have a pretty amazing mom makin' such an awesome cake like that!! That train is really one of the coolest cakes I've seen!

The Tanner Family said...

Happy Birthday(late)He is so adorable! I can't believe how big he is! I love the cake, you did such an awesome job. Love you guys!