March 23, 2009

Catching Up!

Last weekend we had the pleasure of dog sitting for my two sisters. They both own female Chihuahuas that enjoyed marking their territory all over my house. Colten and Paige loved our temporary new family members. They ate popcorn together, played together, and slept together. Seeing the kids enjoy the dogs so much made Brock and I think about getting a little house dog, but Lacie and Sammie also reminded us what work puppies are and our young family definitely isn't ready for that.

The kids got in their first swim of the year last weekend. It was a gorgeous week with the temperatures hovering around 80 degrees. I just love spring time in Las Vegas. Aunt Steffie also spoils the kids with the pool heated like a warm bath. I can't blame the kids for not ever wanting to get out. They all did finally decide to get out of the pool to have a piece of Auntie Rae's Birthday cake from Nothing Bunt Cakes...they are to die for.
St. Patric's Day! Colten was so cute this year. I tried explaining to him that it was St. Patric's day and we all had to wear green so we didn't get pinched. Colten wanted to know who this Patric guy was and I was at a loss for words. Colten came to his own conclusion that it was Patric from Sponge Bob Square Pants. He told me that he knew where Patric lived...in Bikini Bottom. Colten was all about Patric's day from then on. We even had to have Sponge Bob Macaroni and Cheese because it had Patric in it. The best part of our Patric's day was when Brock came home from work not wearing green and the kids trying to pinch him.

These last few pictures are of Paige using her potty chair that Grandpa Duane made her for Christmas. Last week Paige started to get a rash on her bum from her frequent bowl movements and I decided to let her run around without her diaper on for a little bit to help heal her poor bum bum. All was good until I saw Paige squatting on the living room floor and I hurried and put her on the potty chair and she went #2. We were so excited! She's not quite ready to be potty trained just yet, but she is showing some real promise.

4 comments:

coweeclan said...

So much for getting those carpets cleaned;) Can't wait to see you!

Mark and Maria said...

Brigit, I have been away from the blogging world for a while, but it was fun to read those updates!! Ok, I say it over and over again, but those kids of yours are just so cute and SOOO photogenic!!! I love your picture collages, they just say a million words!
Can't wait for all the great events this week!!!

SVB said...

Dang the kids are getting so big and are so adorable. Paige's little smile just is too sweet and Colten is looking so grown up...E can't wait to see him. I can't wait to see you guys and we will be heading out tomorrow morning and will hopefully make good time :) See you soon!

Marisa Jean said...

I loved this update. Those kids look adorable with the dog. Even though it will be like having 3 kids, you should totally give in and get them one! It would be a fun easter surprise!

Next--I LOVE NOthing Bunt Cakes. So delicious.

Finally--I think Paige diaper rashes are the saddest thing ever. I love when the kiddo's run around naked and free. So cute. It sounds like when you are ready to potty train her, she'll be an easy one to get through.