
Brock and I received our Endowments last week at the very beautiful Las Vegas Temple. It was a wonderful experience for us both and we felt so loved and blessed to be surrounded by so many friends and family. I will never forget what it was like to enter the Celestial Room and be with those we love. It kind of makes me think what Heaven will be like.
The evening was not as perfect as we would have liked. When we first pulled up to the temple we immediately realized that one of our rear tires was loosing air and we watched as it quickly went flat. With not much time to spare before our session...Brock pulled out what he thought he needed to change the tire so that it would be a quick and easy fix after we came out of the Temple. Things didn't go quite as planned! The crew of men in suits trying to help us change our tire in the cold windy night at the Temple parking lot did not succeed. The tire would not release from under the vehicle. To make a long story short...we ended leaving our car there and hitching a ride home. The next day Brock took the tire off, had it repaired, and then replaced back on the car. All fixed for now!
Everyone says that something like that always happens on your first trip to the temple. I think someone was trying to stop us from making it to the temple, but to no avail. We were definitely being watched over.

5 comments:
Way to be resilient and make it to the temple anyway. Jonathan loved being there with you and said it was really nice to be back at the temple himself.
Your tire story sounds like a pain in the side. Glad you finally found someone that could fix it. It kind of makes me want to make a joke about "how many men does it take to change a tire?" except I don't have an answer.
Brigit - that's fantastic. The temple part, not the flat tire part!!
Congratulations again Petersens! I think sometimes the flat tires in life just happen to make sure we really want to be going where we're headed...and they make really great stories!
I love the pics you sent me today, they are adorable. We are so glad we could be there with you guys during this special time, it was a beautiful ceremony and I don't think there was a dry eye in the room :) Love you lots!
You guys look so happy, and I am happy for you. Heavenly Father sure knows how to help us have true joy. My problem is that I don't let him all the time.
Congrats and great blog!
Post a Comment