December 9, 2009

New Floor!

Brock and I bought this house 8 years ago during mid construction. We weren't able to pick all the features we wanted but we were able to pick out the flooring. Now 8 years ago we were a young married couple with no kids. With that being said, we chose very light...almost white carpet to put through most of the house. Now we have seen the error of our ways. Very light colored carpet is a total pain in the BUTT to keep clean, especially with young children in the house. We had enough and decided to put new flooring in our entry way/dining room area and get rid of the disgusting (no longer white) carpet.

I didn't take any before pictures because I don't even want to remember the old gross carpet, but here is the finished product.




My handy husband did all the work and installed the floor mostly by himself with a little help from his friend Dave. I did have construction pictures, but I can't seem to find them.

I have to say they look awesome. Good Job my Husband!

3 comments:

THE BOLECHALA'S said...

great job Brock, it looks wonderful. Can't wait to have you come up and visit again so I can do something like that at my house.
love ya
mom

coweeclan said...

Brig, why don't you lend me Brock for a week... I'd have plenty for him to do up here. My carpet is the same as yours was. You're makin' me jealous. Great job guys.

Marisa Jean said...

Wowzers! Nice work, Brock! I'm trying to convince Jonathan that kids are not as clean as adults and we need similar flooring when ours come along. This will be a good post to convince him of that! :)

Oh, and I have to mention I love the color, slightly dark, but not too dark. Very nice!