I know a lot of you have been wondering for quite some time what is going on with us and what is the latest news on the baby. There hasn’t been much to tell for the last couple of months, but now that it’s getting closers to the end I thought we should update everyone as much as we can. I saw my specialist last Friday and had another ultra sound done. I almost dread going to those appointments because they never have anything good to tell us. Our little girl is only weighing 3 lbs 3 oz when she should weigh about 5 pounds. She is also measuring about 3-4 weeks behind. Her cerebellum stopped growing at 20 weeks and the ventricles in her brain are very large which isn’t good. She is also missing the Corpus Callosum in her brain. In English that means that the part of the brain that connects the right side of the brain to the left side never formed. I also have a lot of excess amniotic fluid. So much that I’m measuring a full 40 weeks when I’m only 34 ½ weeks. The doctors think this is because she isn’t swallowing and that’s another really bad sign. With all of that said we are hoping and praying for a good outcome and that she’ll be our little miracle baby, but we’re also trying be somewhat realistic and prepare ourselves for the not so good outcome. My Dr.’s want to induce me at 38 weeks, but they aren’t sure if I’ll make it that long considering I’m already measuring 40 weeks. So basically she could come anytime in the next 3 weeks. I feel larger then I have ever been with any of my pregnancies and I’m getting pretty uncomfortable, but I’m trying to cherish every moment of this pregnancy. The brutally honest truth is that my Dr.’s don’t think she will live very long. We appreciate all the love and concern and ask for your continued prayers.
Our precious little girl!
5 comments:
Oh Brig, she is so beautiful, She looks like a Petersen for sure. I love the little hand shot, so precious! We are praying for you and your family always...love you!
Those pictures are priceless and so beautiful! We are keeping you in our prayers and thoughts!
She is beautiful, just like her mommy! I love you! You and Brock are always in my prayers!
I wish I could come and give you a big hug! You are such a wonderful person and mom. My heart goes out to you and hope at the least there will be peace with all this craziness.
Cori
She is adorable, I prayers are with you and we send you our love!
Post a Comment