February 10, 2010

Pregnancy Brain!

I have 5 1/2 weeks left of this pregnancy and I think I'm totally losing my mind....no joke! I've had my moments of forgetfulness throughout this pregnancy and I've enjoyed blaming it on being pregnant instead of just being my silly self. A few months ago I left my purse in the shopping cart at the grocery store, and to make a long story short, I realized it 10 minutes later and ran back to the store where someone had found it and turned it in. I was a very lucky girl. That little episode was bad enough, but my latest mishap has me really concerned.

Last week the kids and I were in Elko, Nevada visiting my Mom and Duane when I experienced what I can only explain as "pregnancy brain". My Mom and Duane had taken the kids to lunch while I got to play around visiting a few of my favorite local stores. My last stop was to a little store called Cherished Friends. I wanted to get a gift for a friend of mine that is going through a hard time. Anyway...I parked my car on the street in front of the store and I spent about 20 min. looking for the perfect gift and found it. I payed for my purchase and then went to pull my car keys out of the spot I usually keep them in my purse and came up empty. I dug through my whole purse and practically dumped out it's entire contents looking for my keys with no luck. I traced my steps back around the store and still couldn't find my keys. Now I'm starting to think that I locked my keys in the car and what a knucklehead I am...we've all done that before right? I go outside to see if I can see my keys in my car before I call my Mom and tell her what I've done only to find my car running. Yep...I left the key in the ignition and the door unlocked giving an open invitation to anyone who passed by the take my car. I just couldn't believe it! Who does that? I was so glad that I was in Elko, Nevada instead of Las Vegas where I would have surely been left without a car. I couldn't even go back into the store to tell the sales clerk that I found my keys. I felt like a complete idiot!

I probably shouldn't be let out alone for the next few weeks, but that's easier said then done. Luckily enough I've never forgotten my kids (knock on wood).

6 comments:

Marisa Jean said...

You have no idea how much joy this post brought to me! HA! I love it!! Thanks for sharing, and don't worry, you aren't alone. I searched for my keys in my house the other day for over 30 minutes, even making me late for work. They were in my hand the whole time.

Brian, Mindy, Dylan, Colton & Logan said...

I'm convinced that pregnancy sucks the brains right out of our heads....unfortunately after I had my kids the brains didn't come back! So glad to know it isn't just me.

katherine said...

Okay, that is a hilarious story. Hope the brain comes back when the baby is born.

The Tanner Family said...

I think that has probably happened to a lot of us! I am always saying that I can't have anymore kids because I would not have any brain left!! It is true, they suck our brain.

Chet and Korryn said...

That is so Funny. Life is always an adventure.

SVB said...

LOL, that is absolutely awesome!!! Sounds like something I would do while being un-pregnant! I actually locked the keys in my car once while it was running, stranding E and I...we had to wait for Rob to bring us the keys. I am still laughing at you....