April 27, 2010

There's nothing like Mom!

I know it's not quite Mother's day, but I wanted to express my love and appreciation for my AMAZING mother. My mom has been such a great example to me and what it means to be a good mother. I've been looking back over my life and thinking how our relationship has changed over the years as I was growing up until now. I have felt her guiding hand as a small child...an active preteen...a know it all teenager...a struggling young woman...and now a wife and mother. I have always admired her integrity and her love for the Gospel. I know many times she must have wondered where she had gone wrong with me or my sisters. We haven't always lived up to her teachings or example.

My Mother has been a voice of reason, comfort, and love through many struggles in my life. She always seems to know the right things to say or do to make me feel better and give me the strength I lack. One of my biggest fears has always been to disappoint my Mother. As a teenager I remember not even wanting to be even just a little late for curfew(despite my desires to stay out later with friends)...not because I was worried about being grounded, but because I knew my mom trusted me to be home as schedule.

I truly believe that there is never a time in a person's life when they stop needing their mom...and I am no exception! Having my Mother by my side as I carried, delivered, and mourned the loss of Sadie was an enormous comfort to me. I know one of the greatest blessing I've been given to help me through this life is my Mother. I would be lost without her and consider her my very dear and close friend. A true treasure!!



How cute is my Mom?




My beautiful Mother....words can not express the depth of my love and appreciation for you. Thank you for loving me and always making everything better like only you can do. I love you!

2 comments:

Erin said...

I love your mom, too. Who didn't love the lunch ladies?!

Marisa Jean said...

I really admire the relationship you have with your Mother. Happy Mother's Day to the both of you! :)