April 2, 2011

Mom-tography 101

I thought the weekend of my Mom-tography class would never get here. I registered for class in early January and the 2 1/2 months I had to wait seemed like forever. Not only was I going to finally learn how to use my fancy new camera, but it was going to be a "girls trip" with 5 of my best friends to St. George, UT.
I love and admire these BEAUTIFUL women!

Photobucket

I made all the girls camera straps.
Photobucket


Meet Alisha...my stinkin' cute friend and amazing photographer. There is nothing this girl can't do. I want to be her when I grow up.(smile) You have to check out her photography website One Memory At A Time. Alisha is such a good teacher...she presents things in a way that makes it easy to learn.Photobucket


Practice makes perfect!
Photobucket

We had a photo shoot...with models. I have to share some of my pictures...

Becky flying! (This girl has had 6 kids and is Superwoman. I'd hate her if I didn't love her so much!)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Out of 300 shots I got about 8 good ones. Not horrible, but not good either.

Day two of the workshop was editing. I learned how to make my pictures beautiful.(Smile)  Photoshop is like having a magic wand...Seriously!!!

Photobucket

"Buying a Nikon doesn't make you a photographer. It makes you a Nikon owner." - Author unknown

I can't say enough how great this workshop was! It was the best $250 I've spent in a long time and I got more then my money's worth. Plus lunch was included each day and it was to die for! So yummy!

Alisha has a another Mom-tography workshop the end of April. Click here if you want more details.

2 comments:

Marisa Jean said...

Man! I'd go with you just to get a cute camera strap! Those are ADORABLE!

But really, that looks like an amazing experience! And I love, love, love the quote you gave about being a Nikon owner. Ha ha.

SVB said...

I am so jealous!!! Your pics turned out great!!!