I can hear Sheryl Crow singing her song "Leaving Las Vegas" in my head as I write this. It was definitely bitter sweet leaving our home of 10 years.
Brock and I bought this house as Newly Weds. We had only been married about a year and a half when we bought this house bran new. This was not only our house...it was our home. The home we lived in, loved in, laughed in, cried in, and became a family in. Each of my babies was in this home and that alone makes it a very sacred place to me. I'm so grateful for all the many wonderful memories created in this home.
But there are more memories to be created in a new place...a new home. We left Las Vegas to live in a townhouse in Holladay, Ut until our house is finished being built. (Hopefully the first week in Aug.)
The best part about moving is that my family is all together now. Brock has been in Utah working for the last 4 weeks while we've been finishing school and packing. It feels so good to be all under the same roof again.(sigh)
The other bitter part about leaving Las Vegas was all the wonderful friends and family we were leaving behind. I remember hating Las Vegas when I first moved there right out of college. It was so much bigger then Wells and Twin Falls (the only other places I had ever lived), and I didn't know anyone. It wasn't until the last 5 or 6 years that I really started to LOVE Las Vegas. I know that had a lot to do with my 3 sisters (and their families), Brock's Dad, and numerous friends that were an active apart of our lives.
These absolutely FABULOUS & BEAUTIFUL women are some of my very dear friends that I will be missing in Las Vegas. We got together at the Cheesecake Factory (my favorite) for lunch and a little farewell. These women are not blood related sisters, but they are sister of my heart.
Michelle, Maria, Me, Heather, Becky, and JaNae.
The sweetest part about our new adventure is that we will continue to make new wonderful friends and memories in our new home and still get to keep the ones in Las Vegas! (Score!)



1 comment:
just thought I would stop in and check to see how things were going and what a shock. Your moved! Congrats on the move and new job for Brock, wish you both the best on this new endeavor.
Ryan
Post a Comment