February 23, 2012

Grandma Larsen's 87th Birthday

This weekend we got to celebrate my Grandma Larsen's 87th birthday. My sweet Grandmother is homeless...by choice. She gave up her home in McGill, NV to travel the US and live with her 7 of 8 children (My Uncle Allen died when I was in grade school). My Mom and her brothers and sisters decided to meet in Utah this weekend to party and celebrate their wonderful Mother. Because I live in Utah now, I was able to participate in the festivities. Yay!

Grandma getting to hold her 77th Great grandchild for the first time.
Photobucket

Everyone gathered at my house for Pizza before heading to a Utah Jazz game. My grandmother loves basketball. Here is the crew waiting for the game to start. There happened to be an extra ticket to the game, so I left my baby in the capable hands of my husband and went to town.
Photobucket

Me and my Mom!
Photobucket

The next morning my Mom's brothers and sisters took my grandma to the Salt Lake Temple and did a session together. I'm sure it was wonderful for them to all be in the temple together.

Everyone met up for lunch at Texas Roadhouse. Good food & good company!

Annette, Terrie, Karla, Denny, Grandma, Loni, Barb, and Kathy (my mom)
Photobucket

The girls with their mother.
Photobucket

Momma's boys.
Photobucket

The whole lunch crew.
Photobucket

The party kept going that evening back at my house for some cake and ice cream.



Photobucket

It was so wonderful to be with all my Mom's family. I loved hearing them tell stories of their childhood and watching them interact with each other. Most of all, I enjoyed watching them fight over who was the favorite and who gets to have Grandma come stay with them next. I hope if I ever get to be my Grandmother's age that my kids will still want me around.

I'm so grateful for my Grandmother and for her health. I love that my children are getting a chance to know her and see the wonderful and loving person she is.

Happy 87th Birthday Grandma! We love you and look forward to many more birthdays!

3 comments:

Marisa Jean said...

I absolutely LOVE Grandma Opal. I can't ever keep up with her. She's always moving and doing something.

I hope one day I can be as awesome as she is! :)

Anonymous said...

Brigit, I love looking at the pictures on your blog spot. Anyway mom and dad are coming to Salt Lake on March 8 for the tournament. They would love to see you and your family. Would you contact them at cornie@q.com or by phone 208-733-9970 so they can find a good time to visit. Thanks so much Eileen

Jamee said...

That really is AWESOME! Jace remembers my grandma, but Mckelle will only be seen in pics with her as a baby, which is so unfortunate because she really was a great woman. I am glad that you were close enough to enjoy all the festivities!