March 16, 2008

1 Month 2 Go!

I've mentioned a few times that I'm training for a Sprint distance Triathlon and now it's only a month away. This week I've totally slacked off on my training due to a killer head cold, but starting on Monday I'm going full force until race day. I still can't believe I'm really going to do it. This weekend I even fell off my bike while riding the loop at Red Rock. No real harm was done to my body...only my pride (many of my fellow teammates got to wittiness my graceful exit off my bike).

Here are all of my Iron girls. This picture was taken on a practice run of our actual course out at Lake Las Vegas .


We've been giving up precious sleep time to get our bodies in shape. This is early Saturday morning before my big crash. I also have to mention that it was dang cold too.


This picture was taken at the top of the Red Rock loop, and post bike crash. As you can see I survived just fine. It was an absolutely Beautiful morning!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!! That is so cool! I want to do somthing like that someday. But I am truely afraid of biking. I don't like it at all. I think I am going to look into the duelathalon.(sp) Sounds like so much fun. I know you will do great. I love you and I wish you the best!
I can't sign in...so this is from Michelle! Love you!

Janae Downey said...

Hi Brigit! What fun pictures! That was a hard ride! I took my first fall too, but noone saw, so my pride is intact, I just have a huge bruise on my behind! Keep working hard! JaNae