March 11, 2008

Suzie Homemakers

The last week and a half with my Mom & Duane here was so much fun. It was made even better when my Grandma Larsen came to stay with us too (I just adore that lady). My Mom got sick a couple of days after arriving with a cold. I nursed her back to health and then Duane got sick. I put my Mom and Grandma to work teaching me how to make our family's favorite jelly(Beet & Raspberry Jelly...I know...the beet part doesn't sound good, but it so is). I remember my Mom making it as a kid and I've always wanted to learn how, so I took advantage of our time together. I also got busy making my Easter towels. Mom helped me sew on buttons & gather the towels. It was so nice to have an extra hand and get them all done since Easter is so early this year.


4 Generations

Making Jelly (yes, my Mom is in curlers)
Finished product
These are the towels we made. You hang them over the handle of your stove.
I use a pot holder and a hand towel and sew them together.

1 comment:

SVB said...

How fun that you were able to spend so much time with your mom and grandma. Thank you so much for the jam...we love it, you were right, beet isn't so bad! The towel is so cute, you have some awesome talents girly! Love ya!