I have always taken the laid back
approach to potty training with
Colten. I was told by many experienced mothers that kids will let you know when they are ready to be potty trained and not to rush them. So I'
ve been waiting for the day when
Colten would tell me that he is ready to be potty trained.
Colten is now 3 1/2 years old and I have yet to hear him say that he is ready to be "potty trained". Can you believe it? I wasn't too concerned until I enrolled him in a preschool for next fall and they won't take him unless he's potty trained. Now I feel like I've got to get something started and plus I'm tired of doing double diaper duty. Anyway, this last Thursday
Colten came and told me he was wet and wanted me to change his diaper, so I figured if he was big enough to do that, then he was probably big enough to just go into the bathroom and do his business in there. Well...we have had a few accidents, but for the most part he is doing so good. It's so funny...when he
actually goes
pee pee, he looks down at his penis and says, "It Works!" And he also says the
opposite (it broken) when he tries to go
pee pee and can't.
Colten we are so proud of you! It Works!!!

I also had to include this picture of Paige on
Colten's little potty that he has never used. She is too
stink'n cute! I was worried that she would be potty trained before
Colten.
2 comments:
LOVE IT!! I'm sure the "it works" story will haunt him for many years to come....that is just too funny.
I just want to squeeeeze them!! Yea COLTON!!!
Post a Comment