April 16, 2008

My #1 Fan

After the Iron Girl Triathlon Saturday there was lots of celebrating to be done. I will admit I needed a nap first and to get cleaned up and then it was on. We all gathered at Bertollini's in their private room to celebrate our success and most importantly to celebrate our #1 Fans. After filling our bellies full, all of us women honored our husband with certificates and medals. During our training for the triathlon we all gave each other code names to help inspire us and because we're silly. I was Bombshell Brigit. We all decided for the fun of it to give our husbands code names too and have them printed on their award certificates. Brock was named Buff Brock, and he totally is. He has been such a strength to me through this entire journey. When I first decided to do this triathlon he got behind me 110% and never let up. He even got up a few early Saturday mornings to go ride the grueling Red Rock loop with me. He has been amazing about watching the kids while I went to the gym to train and he totally picked up where I slacked off. Brock made sure to have the kids up and out to Lake Las Vegas at 6:30 in the morning Saturday to make sure he and the kids could kiss me and wish me luck before the race. I know that was no easy task, but I love him for it. Thanks Babe for being my #1 Fan. I love you!

Brock and I shortly after I crossed the finish line.


My #1 Fan - Buff Brock

My Iron Girls lookin good.


Our #1 Fans


Everyone


4 comments:

SVB said...

AWWWW...you guys are so cute, it makes me sick!!! LOL! Just kiddin' - Brock is a great hubby to you and this is a nice way to honor your #1 fan. Our husbands rock!!!

Jennifer said...

i am sooooo dang proud of u!!! u are my hero!! great job girly!!!

Janae Downey said...

Hi Bombshell! Thank you soooo much for the yummy cookies and cool poem! Sorry we missed you, we were in San Diego, but we enjoyed coming home to a treat! The cookies were gone in a matter of minutes! You're the best! Jammin' JaNae

Marisa Jean said...

Aren't husbands the best! I love my hubby cause he ALWAYS supports me. You obviously picked one of the best out there!