September 16, 2008

Happenings at the Petersen House

Colten and Daddy had their first camp out in the back yard this last weekend. They've been waiting for the weather to cool and it finally did...just slightly. Father and son grabbed their sleeping bags and headed out to the great uhh...back yard. I didn't think Colten would last more then an hour out on the trampoline, but they slept out there most of the night. At 3 a.m. a police helicopter kept flying over head and brought the camp out to an end, but Colten loved it and has talked about little else.


They look nothing alike

The other day I was doing dishes in the kitchen and Paige was playing on the floor in the family room or so I thought. I looked over to check on her and she was gone. I started calling her name and found her hanging out on the stairs. She had crawled up 4 stairs, and lucky for me, she stopped. Paige hasn't learned how to successfully go up and down the stairs just yet, so it scared me for a second, but I had to grab the camera because she looked so cute and proud. The little stinker!

Paige has taken her first steps. She's not a full time walker yet, but it won't be long. Here is a little clip of Paige in action.


6 comments:

coweeclan said...

Congratulations Paige! Welcome to the bipedal world. Watch out Brigit here she comes!

Brian, Mindy, Dylan, Colton & Logan said...

YEA Paige!!!! She looks like such a big girl now. And how cute are daddy and Colten on their campout. Looks like they had a great time. Funny though that you can finally sleep out cause it's cool enough, when we had to stop by labor day because it is too cold!

Marisa Jean said...

Sleeping out on the trampoline is the best! Can't tell you how many times the dang sprinklers have gotten my friends and I wet though--that's always something you have to remember to turn off before venturing out into the great big backyard.

And yay for Paige walking! That girl gets cuter every day!

SVB said...

How fun...looks like they had a great time. I have been telling Rob that he needs to set up the tent out back and do that with E. Paige is so cute...her hair and that little face, I just want to squish her (in a good way :) She is so close to walking ... love the little clip! Then you will be chasing her all over and pulling her out of everything!

Mark and Maria said...

I've been waiting to see pictures of the camp out! What a great daddy!
That walking video is so cute!!! Paige is on her way!!

Janae Downey said...

Hi Brigit! Colton is the cutest little boy in primary and he is lucky to have such fun parents! Paige is so petite, she looks too little to walk. She has a beautiful smile just like her mom! JaNae