November 20, 2008

Thankful Thoughts

I know it's not Thanksgiving yet, but it has me thinking about all the things that I'm grateful for. I know it's probably obvious, but sometimes these things need to be said or written OUT LOUD. I'm so grateful for my Husband and children. Each day has it's challenges, but they are over shadowed by so much love and joy. I love watching the kids grow and learn. The other morning Colten was just waking up and I saw him licking his fingers and then rubbing his eyes. I asked him what he was doing and he told me his eyes were thirsty. It made me laugh and I just had to hug and kiss him. I am so grateful for Brock and how loving and supportive he is to me and all my craziness, but most of all I'm grateful that our children have such a wonderful father. He is so great about getting on the floor and playing with the kids, reading books at bedtime, letting Colten help him out in the yard, and everything else.






I'm Thankful for my wonderful parents, sisters and all other extended family that enrich our lives and show us so much love.




I'm grateful to live in this country (in spite of the new president elect) and for the freedoms that we enjoy. I have so much gratitude for all of those who have served and currently serve in the military.


I'm extremely thankful for all my dear friends near and far that keep me sane and make my life fuller. I love you all!

I'm very thankful for my health and that of my family. It's something I've always taken for granted, but I had to learned the hard way what a blessing it is.

I'm thankful that I'm a mother and I wife. I've never really wanted much else.
Happy Thanksgiving!




6 comments:

Brian, Mindy, Dylan, Colton & Logan said...

K- I'm thankful for you too. Heard you were trying to get to Montana last weekend....sneaky little people! That would have been so great! Hopefully I will get my blog updated soon so you can see some pictures.

I know I say this alot but seriously your kids are sooo cute. Is that last picture of Paige a professional one, cause it is really a great shot. Hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

The Tanner Family said...

VEry loving comments! Your family is so beautiful. We love and miss you!!

Marisa Jean said...

I love this post so much, that I just might have to copy it! That comment of Colte's cracks me up! I love my family, country and BYU (even if they did lose to UofU. :(

Happy Thanksgiving!

Mark and Maria said...

Oh man, those are great things to be thankful for. Happy Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

No worries...We can stay in touch more. My husband has been gone since August and with the holidays its hard, but we make the best of it. I miss you too. We had some good times....I hope you and your family have a happy holiday season.

Becky said...

Hey Brig.... I finally got on your blog.. I LOVE the picture of Paige at the end of this post! Holy Cow.. can she get any cuter?! If you don't put her in that pottery barn baby contest... then I am going to!!! :)

You are doing good with your new camera!

I love you... and I am thankful for all those same things! Way to put it in writing. I am thankful for such a dear friend as you! YOU Rock!