Brock's Mom and Step Dad came from Washington to be with us. Colten had been bugging me for quite a while to make some frost cookies...meaning sugar cookies. I promised we would when Nani and Papa were visiting. I had to hold true to my promise especially after Nani gave me a new princess crown cookie cutter. We always love frosting sugar cookies together. Grandpa Duane always acts like he doesn't like to, but he always puts the most creative details into his cookies...so we know he truly loves it.

Paige sticks with frosting one cookie. She puts frosting on the cookie and then licks it off so she can put more frosting on and lick it off again.

A few days after the cookie frosting party Nani made mini cupcakes with all the kids. She was so good to let all the kids help and get a chance to lick the spatula. The kids really enjoyed helping make and EAT the cupcakes.

We didn't just spend time in the kitchen eating cookies and cupcakes the whole month. We actually did a Humanitarian project together. Grandma Hoem wrote all the kids a letter about wanting to make hygiene kits for people in need. She asked each of the kids to make a money jar and put all their extra change in it for one month and then when they came to visit we would use the money to buy supplies for the kits. It was a huge success. The older kids went and did the shopping for the supplies and then we all helped put them together. We were able to make 30 kits. We all have been so very blessed and it felt so good to give a little back...Together!

There must be something in the water because all the kids are turning into bunnies.
4 comments:
I'm not going to lie - I'm a little jealous that you now have Uncle Duane as part of your family! He's always been one of my very favorite uncles and I never get to see him anymore :) Send him down to Texas. With the sugar cookies...
Ahh, so fun to have family times, especially with Grandparents, aren't they the best. It sounds funny right now since I'm in the middle of motherhood, but I can't wait to be a grandma, it just looks like so much fun!!
I love the humanitarian idea, working together as a family to help others! I bet that will be a great memory!
I always love spending time with my family and making wonderful memories. You and your family look so good.
Those bunny teeth crack me up! And mmm...those cookies look divine! Could you make me some and drop them off tonight? ;)
Post a Comment