April 28, 2009

The BIG One

This last week I hit the Big One...Yes, I turned 30 and lived to tell about it.

My dear sweet husband, along with my friends and family, teamed up to throw me a Surprise Birthday Party. I've never had a surprise party in all my 30 years. It was wonderful and I was truly Surprised.


Party Time!


My sisters went in together on my gift and bought me a REAL Coach purse!


Cake and a little Hula.


On my actual Birthday...Brock and the kids took me to dinner at the Cheesecake Factory. My favorite place ever.




At the doorway of my fourth decade I'm a little unsure of what the future holds for me, wondering where the lazy days of my twenties had gone. Then it hit me. With all the uncertainty of tomorrow, I realized I was where I had always dreamed of being...married to man I wouldn't want to live without, mother to babies I couldn't live without, secure in my religious beliefs, and confident in my place in this world. So let's raise a glass and toast a new decade, after all, 30 is the new 20.

5 comments:

coweeclan said...

Nice quote hooker! I wonder what genious wrote it?;) Count it as my birthday gift to you. I can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks (wherein I will present you with my real gift). Maybe we can do brunch on Mon. I'll call you when it's closer.

SVB said...

Those pics make me jealous...I so wish I could be there, but I see that Becky has replaced, I mean, is taking good care of you :) Happy Birthday you OLD woman, I am right behind you!!!!

Marisa Jean said...

Wowzers--a surprise birthday party! I seriously can't believe you are 30, you look fantastic! I'm glad the party turned out so well, just wish I could have been there to hula with you! ;)

Happy Birthday!

P.S. YES! We are going to be coming to Vegas this weekend--you going to Snowbird?!?

Cori and Dusty said...

Yay! Happy Birthday, and welcome to your thirties, it's really not bad.

Becky said...

Oh stop... Sarah! replaced nothin'! There was a big piece of cake with your name on it! We missed you terribly!

And Brig... You were a great sport... with all that you had to do that night... just going with the flow, and letting us party with you. Happy birthday girl.

Just remember... Brock was the brains behind it all. He is SOOOO cute. He loves you so much. And he is one lucky guy.