March 15, 2010

God be with you until we meet again

Saying goodbye to our sweet Sadie (for this lifetime) last week was one of the hardest things I've ever done...or we've ever done as a family. I couldn't believe that we were burying another one of our children. I wanted to kick, yell, and scream how unfair this is! My arms ache so much for my sweet babies. Even though our hearts are breaking, we are so grateful to have the gospel of Jesus Christ in our lives. Having the knowledge and peace that we will be with Chase and Sadie again gives us so much comfort and is helping us through this most difficult time.

We have been so blessed and surrounded by so much love and support. I don't know what we would have done without our family, friends, and Ward family. We have no doubt that our Heavenly Father is aware of us and watching over us.





We are so grateful for Ronda Kordick (photographer) and the Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep Foundation. The NILMDTS Foundation is a nonprofit organization that sends professional photographers who donate their time and talent to come photograph families in situations like ours. The pictures that Ronda took of Sadie and our family are a priceless treasure to us. Here is the link to the entire slide show http://www.purephotographyonline.com/index2.php. Click on client proofing. The password is: spnilmdts
So many people have asked what they can do for us and all Brock and I can think of... if you're able to...to please donate to this foundation and give others the same opportunity we were given. http://www.nowilaymedowntosleep.org/donate/

3 comments:

The Tanner Family said...

Brigit,
I love you so much. You have every right to yell, scream and kick! I wish there was more that I could do than write comments on this blog. But, please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers all the time. All I can think is that you and Brock are such wonderfully amazing people for Heavenly Father to choose to be the parents of such sweet spirits as Chase and Sadie! My continual thoughts are prayers are with you and my love.

Erin said...

Oh, gosh, Brigit, when I read this last night, I bawled and bawled. I also think you've got every right to kick and scream! You're in my prayers.

Marisa Jean said...

I cried through this entire post. You and Brock are sincerely rocks. I don't know how you've done something so difficult not only once, but now twice. Your little Sadie is beautiful and those photos are amazing. What a neat program. I just know your little angel is watching over you.