March 14, 2011

Sadie's Day

I know I've said this before, but I can't believe it's been a year since Sadie was born. The one year mark is always a big milestone for any parent...especially a bereaved parent. This past year my thoughts have never been far from Sadie. As the months passed I was always aware of how old she would have been. I often told those who were close to me, "Sadie would have been 3 months old today," or "she would have been 7 months old today." Each day and month I would imagine what she be doing. Would she be rolling over, sitting up, crawling, walking, or even saying Mama? Then I would imagine how my life would be different if I had little Sadie to care for. Like how I would have to get 3 kids ready and out the door each day or playing pat-a-cake or peek-a-boo several times a day.  My life would definitely be different.

We had a very good Sadie's Day. The kids had been counting down the days until Sadie's birthday and both woke up excited wishing me "Happy Sadie's Day!" We didn't do anything extraordinary for her birthday, but we did have cake. Paige and Colten said it was a must.

Photobucket

Friday (the day after Sadie's day) we drove to Lund to put flowers on Sadie and Chase's graves. It had been about six months since the last time we were there and it was good to be back.

Photobucket

We still don't have a headstone for Sadie yet. They recommend letting the ground settle first.
Photobucket

After we placed the flowers down, Colten said he had to get something out of the car. He came back a couple minutes later with a toy truck of his. He asked Brock and I if he could give it to Chase. Brock and I just looked at each other as big tears sprung to our eyes. It was one of the sweetest moments, and I know we both were bursting with pride.

Photobucket

Then Paige ran to the car and came back with a little bracelet of hers and asked if she could give it to Sadie. It's kind of hard to see, but it's yellow and under the bottom left side of Sadie's pink rock.

Photobucket

These are moments I will treasure forever. (Smile)

4 comments:

Marisa Jean said...

I just cried through that whole post--good thing I put on make-up this morning. Especially the stories about Colten and Paige giving up their toys. Whew! I almost can't type because I can't see. What a special moment--they must feel her presence near.

SVB said...

What a beautiful post girly. I love that you celebrate Sadie's Day and that your kids will always know of their brother and sister. How sweet that they gave something of theirs to their brother and sister. You and Brock are amazing parents and will be able to raise both your babies someday. Love you!

Ryan Wynder said...

thanks for sharing your blog and for this tender moment with your family.

Ryan

The Tanner Family said...

Your family is aways amazing me with their strength and love. I love you all so much!