The last couple of weeks life has seemed to slow down a little bit. I guess because we didn't have any huge plans to go out of town on the weekends or have company and we've got to relax a little at home. I have to say that I've really enjoyed it, but I have a feeling it's the "Calm Before the Storm."
I'm almost to my last trimester of pregnancy and the holidays are just around the corner. I need to somewhat prepare for this little girl (we don't even have a car seat for her), I'm hosting both Thanksgiving and Christmas at our new house (which I'm really excited about), and last but not least, I have Christmas shopping and preparing to do with a heavy load. My back is already starting to hurt by the end of the day and I know it's only going to get worse. There are things I could start doing now to prepare, but I'm giving myself until after Halloween to dig in and get started.
I really like living in Stansbury and the wonderful neighbors we have surrounding us. The kids are always playing with all the other neighbor kids. I have to say my house is pretty quite for the most part and I even get a little me time. There seems to be lots of free or cheep family friendly activities around and we really enjoy that. But...I miss the convince of Las Vegas. (Big Frown) I miss all my favorite restaurants just being around the corner, plus Target, Walmart, & Kohl's being less then a mile away. I have to drive 10 miles to Walmart and 25 miles to hit a Target, Kohl's, Michael's, or Costco. I know...poor me! We do now have a local grocery store as of a month ago, so things are looking up.
So I'm going to enjoy the calm for a few more days. (crossing my fingers)
2 comments:
Hey at least you are being realistic! I like to procrastinate or live in denial altogether before a baby comes :) I hate having stores so far away from me too, but hey, it really does help cut down on spending because you just don't want to drive that far for a deal :) Sending you hugs!
You are NUTS! Thanksgiving AND Christmas at your house AND you don't have a Target 5 minutes away? I'd lose it! :) But that's why you're a super-hero and I'm not! Love ya girl!
Post a Comment