January 1, 2012

Just Add Snow - Christmas Project

Not so long ago I blogged about Pinterest and how much I loved it. While I was on Pinterest one night, I found someone had pinned snowman kits and how to make them. I thought they were so cute and what a fun thing to make now that we lived somewhere is snows regularly in the winter.  Also with everyone coming for Christmas I knew it would be so fun to have a snowman building contest and these kits would be just what we needed.
I bought all the materials and got to work. I ended up making a few extra kits for friends/neighbors and they were such a hit! (I wish I could have made more!)

Photobucket

Yep...I sewed the top hats and made felt flowers. The top hats were really easy believe it or not.
Photobucket


The scarves were even easier since I just cut long strips of polar fleece and fringed the ends.
Photobucket

This is the finished kit. The carrot noses I just got out of the floral section at Michael's and glued a skewer into the end. The eyes, mouth and buttons were easy enough to come by and finished off my little kit.
Photobucket

Now we just need it to SNOW!

5 comments:

Stacie said...

So I heard on the news that some ski resort near Vegas has more snow than ANY of our Utah resorts right now! Did you BRING Vegas with you or what?! Last year was craaaazy snow and we skied until July!

Marisa Jean said...

Random. I've wanted to make these kinds of kits for years. I gave some to my sister about 7 years ago, but have never made any for myself. You should give us the link so I can make some, too! Yours are sssoooo cute!

Shay said...

Cutest neighbor gift ever!
& I love your family photos, especially the one of just you & Brock. You guys are a cute couple! Duston took our family pics last year, so talented.

Hey text me your email address & I'll send you an invite to my blog...if you want. or you can email it to me sshaylyn@hotmail.com

Kim said...

That is so adorable! Great job

Brian & Kerrian said...

We got some great use out of that darling kit. Super cute!!! LOVE those pictures!!! So beautiful!!!! Missed seeing you today at church!!!! Let's get the kids together to play soon k!