I truly love this time of year and always have, but having young children makes it even that much better.
Colten has asked me every day since Halloween when is Christmas going to be here. The only amount of time he can understand sometimes is 5 minutes. I think I finally have him understanding that he has to go to bed 4 more times before it's Christmas. He's really good with the number 4 since that's how old he is. My family will all arrive here in town by tomorrow night and then the celebrating really begins. I have to hit a couple stores tomorrow and then I should be all ready...I hope.
I've kind of struggled with trying to teach my children about the true meaning of Christmas. Colten and Paige both are quite taken with all the presents, lights, and anxiously awaiting Santa's arrival that it's hard to get them to focus on the birth of our Savior. I know I'm going to have to make a better point of doing that as they get older. Today in church there was such a sweet spirit listening to the choir and children sing. Sometimes I too have to be reminded what it's really all about and I was grateful for that reminder.
Here are some of my favorite pictures from this month so far...there's lots.
Auntie Rae got these darling Santa mittens for Paige.


Me & the kids at the Springs Reserve

Colten and his cousin Mackenzie.

Paige and I in our Pj's.

I just love this picture. Paige was trying to open a Candy Cane.


I was so proud of Paige for not crying.
All the kids with Santa in their matching Pj's

Brock and I at his company Christmas Party.

4 comments:
Hey girl...did you get a new camera???? Those are some REALLY GOOD pictures you have there!!!
I laughed at your comment on my blog about my kids never fighting!!! HaHa, you're funny!!
Even I have been struggling with finding the true meaning of Christmas. I cannot even imagine trying to convey that to my children.
I agree with the picture, your pictures are looking great. That new Nikon is treating you well!
My favorite pictures are of Paige with the candy cane, all the kids in matching pajamas (I still think you are amazing for making those) and the one of you and Brock at his company party. All are excellent, though.
I'm sure I won't hear from you again until Christmas, so I hope you have a very merry and magical Christmas!
I love all the photos...my two favorites is Paige looking up while the snow is falling, and all of the cousins with Santa. How fun you got to ride on the Polar express! I bet it was a blast. You are so awesome making thos PJ's they look so cute! What fun, I sure wish we lived closer so we could enjoy fun things like that too! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas. Love you guys!
Dang Brig...you are getting to be one good photographer, or you just have a really awesome camera that is dummy proof...LOL!!! I am going to have to have you take our family photos next. but you are not allowed to charge me $500 for the sitting fee :) Hope you guys had a fun Christmas...see you in a couple of weeks!
Post a Comment