I love Christmas! I love everything about it...especially now that I have kids. This year I have felt so out of wack...dealing with depression, missing and thinking about Sadie, and the recent passing of Brock's Stepmom. I have totally struggled feeling the Christmas spirit this year. :( Even with that little confession, this season was not a complete loss.
Christmas Cards!!! I love getting each and every one. My favorites are the ones with pictures...not just of the kids but of the whole family. Just to let you know...I get a little disappointed to receive a Christmas card and there are only pictures of a friend or family member's kids. I want to see all of you!
One of my favorite moments this holiday was Christmas caroling. A few months ago we planned a youth activity to go Christmas caroling. With my sweet husbands help we were able to borrow my cousin's trailer and bales of hay from our friends in Alamo to make our Christmas caroling activity seem a little more authentic. But as I mentioned in an earlier post, Las Vegas experienced pouring rain for several days. We debated pulling the plug on the whole thing, but my wonderful husband saved the day.
My smart husband rigged up this awesome ride you see below for caroling in the rain. :)

After the Youth had their fun...we rounded up some good friends for an impromptu hay ride and caroling.
The girls!

I love this girl! Heather...one of my favorite partners in crime!
The kids were having a blast!
The whole group...The Fifes, Trumans, and Petersens
I think this will be another tradition we'll be adding to the list.







1 comment:
I feel the same way about Christmas cards--I like to see the whole family, but this year, it just wasn't going to happen for us.
What a crazy month you've had!
Post a Comment