February 2, 2011

Organized Living

Brock and I have lived in our house for over 9 years now. It was a new build, so we are it's first and only owners. I remember how new and clean it was when we first moved in (sigh). It was just Brock and I at the time and we looked forward to growing and raising our family in our beautiful new home. Now our home is filled with love, memories, and 2 very busy kids. With that said, my not so new home is starting to show signs of being seriously lived in. That is why I'm launching..."Operation Organized Living." I've decided this isn't a new years resolution because I never follow through on those, but a new family GOAL.

My first step in achieving this goal is writing it down (blogging about it) and creating a plan to achieve this goal.

I always get excited about a new project and throw myself into it and about half way through I burn out and never quite finish. To avoid burn out on this project I'm going to take it a day at a time. I have set aside 30 min - a hour to clean out and organize a drawer, shelf, or cupboard each day. I'm guessing it will take a week or two to gut and organize each room or living space. I started this last weekend in the kitchen and hope to have that room completed by the end of next week.

I usually don't post anything without corresponding pictures, but I'm going to save you from viewing the state of my messy house and share pictures of my cute kids instead.

3 going on 13

Paige with strait hair. She looks soooooo old, but so dang cute! I couldn't stop looking at her...




We've also been working on a few Valentines. I bought a card for my sweetheart the other day and paid $6.47 (gasp)! It wasn't even a singing card or anything really fancy. So we're being creative and making the rest of our Valentines, plus it allows me time to play with my new camera!




Brock took this picture last month and I just found it today. Our little munchkins fell asleep in the same bed. So Cute!

3 comments:

Meesha said...

What a great goal, Brigit. I don't keep resolutions either. Try having a house that has been lived in for 25 years...by the same family...and ALL their junk left behind when they have moved. Oh yeah, I chuck things daily-that don't even belong to me! I hear ya when you say it takes time.

SVB said...

Oh my goodness she does look so much older, such a doll!!! Okay, so when you get good at organizing your house, want to come and teach me how to do mine? :) Love the sweet valentine's card, so cute!!!

Marisa Jean said...

Great goal! I love organizing, but my issue is that as soon as I get everything the way I want it, I change my mind and do it again. It's a vicious cycle that drives Jonathan bonkers.

I love those pictures of little Paigey. She looks SSSOOO much like you in those photos, lucky gal!