May 24, 2011

Under Construction

Wow!!! A lot can happen in a month! In case you haven't heard...we're moving! When we were in Salt Lake City last month for Spring Break, Brock went on a few job interviews. The construction industry in Las Vegas has really slowed down and we felt it was time for a change. To make a long story short, Brock got a great offer from a construction company in North Salt Lake and we jumped at the new opportunity.
So we bought a new house in Stansbury Park, UT that isn't quite finished being built. I had never even heard of Stansbury Park until this last week. It's about 20 miles west of Salt Lake City. It's a darling little town with a population of about 5,000 people.

Our new home won't be done for a couple more months, but this is the view from out our back window. Our house backs up to a new 30 acre park.

I'm totally surprised where we ended up buying a house because it wasn't at all where we were looking. We were looking up by Bountiful and Farmington (close to Lagoon) and our real estate agent took us to Stansbury Park after showing us about 15 homes that didn't seem to be the right fit.

I had to take a picture of this sign on the side of the road in Stansbury Park. The average wait time for the ER anywhere in Las Vegas is 2-4 hours. The highest wait time I've seen on this sign is 32 minutes. How great is that!?!
Brock started his new job this week and is rooming with my Mom and Duane in SLC. Colten is still in school until the second week of June, so the kids and I won't be moving for a few more weeks.

5 comments:

coweeclan said...

Ack! Some of our really dear friends live in Stansberry Park! Make sure in that new house of yours there's a room in it for me(and my family of 6!) ;) You'll have to have a housewarming party. I'm so excited for you guys! Congratulations on your new adventure!!

SVB said...

WOW WOW WOW, I am sooooo jealous!!!! How awesome that you were able to buy, looks like a really beautiful area! Can't wait to come and visit!

Rachelle said...

wow! congrats on the next chapter in your lives.

Marisa Jean said...

SSSSOOO excited about this, but I had no clue you were moving to Stansbury! Yay! That's where me and Jonny were thinking of moving when we were engaged. When we did purchase a home, we had an offer in on a house there. You'll love the community. I haven't ever heard anyone complain. And that view! MAN! Lucky! You're kids will LOVE that! PLEASE let us know if you need any help moving in. I'll be all over coming out to help you move in and get settled! :)

David and Miranda Meador Gang said...

How exciting for you guys!!! Good luck with your move!