My poor husband has been so sweet and understanding and we both decided that it would do me good to go spend some time with my Mother. Most of you know how close I am with my Mom and simply adore her. I felt better just thinking about spending time with my her. My Mom and Duane are currently serving a mission in Salt Lake City, Ut at the Church Office Building in Temple Square (much closer then Africa...thank goodness!). I booked a flight and got to spend 3 days by myself in their loving care.
The cute little couple. I told them this picture should be their Christmas card.
This is the Church Office Building that they work in. I can't imagine all the different things that go on in that building to make our church run so efficiently.
In case you're in the SLC area...Elder and Sister Hoem are serving on the 3rd floor in the Missionary office if you want to drop by and say hi.
Elder Hoem taking a brief break to take a quick snap shot...He's busy busy busy!During the days when Mom and Duane were busy seeing to their duties...I spent a lot of time exploring Temple Square. I brought my camera with me and took lots of pictures using my newly acquired skills. The SLC Temple and it's grounds provided an ideal location to shoot. I've always loved the SLC Temple! It's history and beauty are unmatched if you ask me. I grew up just 250 miles from this beautiful Temple and even performed baptisms for the dead in my youth there. Growing up I often dreamed of one day being married in the SLC Temple. It always reminded me of a big beautiful castle that would only be fit for a princess to be wed in.
I truly enjoyed taking all these pictures!

Mom and I on the Bride's pedestal in front of the Temple.
On lunch breaks Mom and Duane would show me around...
They attend church every week in this beautiful chapel that is located in the Joseph Smith Building. The Joesph Smith Building use to be the old Hotel Utah and this was their Grand Ballroom.
This chair was part of the Hotel Utah's decor and is a 100 years old. It's not very often that I get to sit in such an old chair...
We stopped by the Distribution Center in the Joseph Smith Building after lunch one day and when we came out, the door was blocked into the parking lot where we needed to cross to return back to the Church Office Building. A man was standing there and told us to wait a minute. Pretty soon, a little golf cart like vehicle came past and President Uchtdorf and President Monson were in the back seat. They let us out as soon as they passed. I had my camera with me and whipped it out as soon as I could but they were just too fast. By the time we got out on the sidewalk, they were already in the building. That got our hearts pumping a bit I tell you!!!!
They mentioned they would like us to just keep walking instead of gawking. This picture is of other General Authorities riding in golfs carts. It was taken on the move and not near as sharp as I would like it to be. I wouldn't make a very good paparazzi.
I got to visit both visitors centers in Temple Square. The Christus Statue in the the North Visitors Center is a must see.
I loved the fall colors all around the Temple...they were already busy putting Christmas lights on all the trees.
Friday morning there were tons of brides everywhere. I couldn't help taking a few pictures of them.

There is an amazing 3-D replica of the Temple.
Joseph and Emma
Soaking up time with Mom. I so enjoyed shopping and staying up late talking with this dear woman. No one can understand things quite like Mom.
Mom and Duane live less then a block away from Temple Square. Their building is on the right with the red brick.Hoem Sweet Hoem...(no...it's not spelled wrong)
I loved spending time with both Mom and Duane. Their love and constant support give me strength when I don't quite feel like myself. I couldn't wait to come home and see my family, but I also hated leaving the comfort of Mom and Duane's presence and care.
Thanks to my wonderful husband for being such an awesome dad and picking up the slack while I was gone and to Mom and Duane for loving me unconditionally. I love you all!
* On a happier note....I might be suffering from depression but I've finally lost all my baby weight!!!! It only took me 8 months to lose 65 pounds....yes, I said 65 pounds! I really know I'm not my normal self when I don't have a desire to eat....






















6 comments:
The pictures are beautiful. You're beautiful. Your mother is beautiful. Duane is beautiful! Bless your heart - I think it takes a lot of courage to admit to depression...or anything like it. I hope things start to go more smoothly for you. There really is something about mom time. They understand things others never will.
I am sorry that you are having a hard time. I think about you everyday! I wish that I could take away some of your pain. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers and I love you! I can't say that I understand, because I could never begin to...noone can. But, I can tell you that I too know how hard it is to get up and do the things you know you have to do, when all you want to do is stay in bed. Hang in there..and know that you have family who love you and can listen if you need an ear.
Love you Brig...
It was good to talk to you yesterday. I am so sorry you are going through this, depression just sucks. If you need anything, just give me a call. I love the pictures you took at temple square...you are getting really good with your camera! Love you girl!
I am glad that you were able to go visit your mom. She is such a sweet lady. The pictures you took are amazing!! We love you lots. Let me know if there is anything that I can do for you.
I am so sorry to hear that you're having such a hard time. It's completely understandable. I wish we were closer, and that I could give you a big hug, and help everything be better.
This post literally has me in tears--dang! Why don't we live closer? I haven't a clue what you are experiencing, but I know that I've dealt with bouts of depression from time to time for different reasons then what I'm sure yours is, and it's a hard load to carry! Especially when you've got others to care for. Hang in there (I know that's easier said then done most days).
I'm so glad you got to get away and be with your Mom. Your photos are amazing, by the way and WOW! You look amazing--send some of that success my direction, would ya?
Post a Comment