Once a month we get to do a family project with Colten for school. This month we got to decorate a turkey. It's so fun to be able to do these projects together and they turn out really cute!
I really love Paigey's Preschool teacher...Mrs. Jamie. She comes up with the cutest things. I had to get a picture of Paigey in her news paper hat.
This picture shows the top of the hat a little better...SOOOOO CUTE!This year I wanted to start a few new traditions with my family now that they are old enough to participate and understand things better...
Tradition #1. Thankful Board
I have friends that make Thankful Trees every year with their families and on the leaves of the trees they write what they are thankful for. It's a cute idea, but I came across something on another blog that seemed to fit my young family a little better.
With Brock's help we made a Thankful Board.
One night for FHE we made a list of all the things we were thankful for. Then I printed out pictures of all the things on our list and we hung them up. My kids can't read yet, so it was good for them to be able to look at the pictures to be reminded of all that we are thankful for.
Tradition #2. Caramel ApplesI have never made "real" caramel apples before, but after buying one from a gal at a little fall festival for $7(yes...that was for 1 apple) that was to die for, I was inspired to give it a try. I did my homework and was surprised to learn that if you sand the apples first the caramel will stick better.
It was a messy project, but we had a lot of fun. The kids loved being able to sprinkle the apples with all sorts of candy and nuts.

The Following Monday for FHE we all picked someone we were thankful for and took a caramel apple to that person with a personal message telling them why we were thankful for them.

I loved watching Paige deliver an apple to her Nursery leader. Her pride and excitement was so sweet.
Thanksgiving Day...
We had Brock's sister Tami and her family for Thanksgiving...plus my two younger sisters, some friends, my Dad and his new fiancee, and my brother Doug. It was a wonderful meal and a blessing to be surrounded by family and friends.
I had to throw this picture in because I knew no one in my family would believe my sister Amber was doing dishes. Ever since I can remember, Amber would hide out in the bathroom after a meal to get out of doing dishes. Then she would magically reappear when they were all done. We love you Ambie!Black Friday was a huge success with my sis-in-law Tami. We started at 4 a.m. this year and ended just about 4 p.m. I know people think we're crazy, but we totally scored and had so much fun together...as always! Plus my Christmas shopping is 90% done!
Brock & Tami










4 comments:
You are too cute and oh so crafty. One craft night we should make those "Thankful" boards...I LOVE it!
I love the thankful board idea, very cute!!! You are so crafty and I am expecting a caramel apple next time we are in town! The kids are getting so big, it looks like you had a full house for Thanksgiving, I was bummed we didn't even get to come down. Miss you!
Holy freak. Where to start?
November did fly by. I agree.
Love, love, love Paige's hat. Seriously, how do people come up with ideas like that? Speaking of which, I'm TOTALLY taking your thankful board idea. Don't want to steal thunder, so I'll give credit where it's deserved. That's amazing!
And finally, I would drive to Las Vegas and back just to get one of those DIVINE carmel apples. Holy smokes! They are my favorite treat and I'd say yours are just as amazing as any $7 apple. Nice work missy! Now remember to send me one next time...ha ha...just kidding...kind of!
I love love that thankful board!! Sorry I missed tonight, we have YW on Thur.
Post a Comment