January 12, 2009

Happy 60th Birthday Mom

My sweet Mother turned 60 this January 8th. She shares her birthday with the one and only Elvis Presley. I missed the big event, but it got me thinking about my mom and her life. She was the 3rd of eight children born to Neil and Opal Larsen. She grew up in McGill, Nevada and was part of the dance team at White Pine High School. She even played basketball when women were only allowed to play on half of the court.

My Mom is one of my most favorite people on this Earth. She has been such a strength and constant companion to me. I love talking to her about anything and everything. She has such good insight and advise and she has never steered me wrong. I admire her so much and appreciate her strong faith that has always been an unwavering example to me. I love you Mom!



What a beautiful baby. This is my mom at a year old.



My Mom at two years old.



Going through her awkward stage around age 10.



Mom's Senior picture.



Rachael & Steffani with my Mom. (a few years before I was born)



My Mom with her Mom this past Christmas



Happy 60th Birthday Mom. We love you and miss you.

3 comments:

coweeclan said...

Why do you look so much like your mom in the picture of her holding your sisters? It's Uncanny.

SVB said...

How neat that you have all those pics of your mama! Brig, you seriously look some much alike, especially in the picture of her with your sisters...very neat! Happy Birthday to your mom!

Brigit said...

We probably look so much alike in that picture because we are about the same age. I don't really see it, but who knows.